Red kiwi smoothie bowl



I love smoothies. Like, a lot.

What's not to love? A beautiful, creamy concoction of blended fruit, full of nutrients, and bursting with flavor. They're quick and easy to make, and super filling too. Smoothies (in my opinion), are the best breakfast choice in the world. 

Actually, I might have to revise that. Smoothie bowls may trump regular smoothies. Toppings are everything, plus you get to eat them with a spoon!

This red kiwi smoothie is, by far, my favorite breakfast. I make it almost every morning (much to the annoyance of my parents, who don't appreciate the screeching sound of a blender at 7am).

Red kiwis are the most adorable fruit out there. I mean, look at this:


Look at that beautiful kiwi flesh!

These smoothie bowls are pretty versatile. You can substitute the kiwi for most fruits (all my smoothie bases are basically the same), and add whatever toppings you like. I prefer to top mine with cocoa nibs and nut butter.

Before I bore you with my kiwi ravings, here are the steps (with pictures)!


Ingredients:

  • 1 red kiwi, cut and frozen
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 125g (1/3-1/2 cup approx.) greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp water
  • Toppings (Cocoa nibs, nuts, seeds, granola, nut butter...)


Instructions:

1. Place frozen fruits, yogurt, and water into a blender.



It'll look better soon, I promise.

2. Blend until smooth and creamy.

It's pink!
3. Pour into a bowl.

4. Top with assorted toppings.

Here, I used cocoa nibs and tahini.

5. Eat!


(Bonus tip: I like to freeze my smoothies for around 10 minutes before serving them. It really helps thicken them up and makes them taste like ice cream!)


I hope you try this out, and if you do, please let me know what you think in the comments!




Comments